Post by Jobing - JOB DESCRIPTION Basic Functions and Responsibilities: Fox Valley Technical College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to teach Sociology, Psychology, American Government and Economics. Sociology courses emphasize culture, socialization and social stratification through the institutions of family, politics, economics, religion and education. Psychology courses focus on the foundations of human functioning through learning, motivation, emotion, personality, deviance and pathology. American Government introduces American political processes and institutions.
Economics provides a foundation of economic concepts and institutions. Essential Job Functions: 1. Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or contract training programs.
Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level. 2. Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
3. Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player. 4.
Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals. 5. (If applicable) Curriculum Development.
Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency–based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation. Secondary Job Functions: N/A Qualifications, Training, and Experience: A Masters Degree in the recognized social science disciplines of Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, or Economics with a minimum of eighteen graduate credits in the discipline being taught. A minimum of one year of work experience outside of education is required. Previous teaching experience is desirable.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills and Knowledge: 1. Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win–win thinking. 2. Flexibility in schedule.
3. Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change. 4. Demonstrated ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities.
5. Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning. 6. Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
7. Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations. 8. Understanding and successful use of learning technology.
9. A record of innovations which will facilitate student learning. 10. An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
11. A commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.
Jobing - 13 months ago
Fox Valley Technical College is committed to helping people reach their potential through education and training for employment. The college...