Provides advanced general accounting support and customer service to the agency force. Reconciles financial statements as assigned. Reviews and balances receipt disbursement and accounting activities. Utilizes experience, judgement and creativity to plan and perform a variety of tasks. May lead the work of others and provide on the job training.
• Processes the Agents and Districts Managers' folios, posts and balances accounts, maintains records; prepares monthly reports; and prepares inputs.
• Makes manual calculation of approved adjustments; and disburses funds collected through folio. Maintains record of unassigned commission retentions. Updates account, vendor and/or customer records. Types a variety of documents, reports and records.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely records of, making adjustments as needed, and possessing payments for contract value installments.
• Contacts Agents and District Managers concerning folio payment or deductions; and contacts other employees concerning folio related activities.
• Reconciles various reports generated by others for accuracy of receipts and/or disbursements. Maintains diary system on pending matters to insure proper follow-up. Investigates, tracks, and resolves accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
• Provides on the job technical accounting training and assistance to others. Answers financial and account questions from vendors and customers. Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with company personnel and management. Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
• Performs other functions as assigned.
• Maintains current working knowledge of accounting procedures and methods. Participates in the design and improvement of financial report formats and accounting processes.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One year as an Accounting Clerk II or a minimum of three years experience in Accounting or a related field.
Special Skills Requirements
Typing / keyboarding skills Communication skills Basic math skills
PC Skills: Word processing and spreadsheet software skills
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...