Komatsu America Corp. (KAC) is the second-largest, fully-integrated manufacturer and supplier of construction equipment in North America with a reputation for reliability that’s second to none. We have built a network of manufacturing plants and parts depots with approximately 2000 employees who manufacture more than 90% of all Komatsu America equipment right here in the United States.
Our product line ranges from the smallest compact construction size to the largest mining size and includes hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, crawler dozers, off-highway trucks, motor graders, skid steer loaders, tractor loaders and backhoe loaders.
To perform repetitive sub-line or main-line assembly operations to mass produce heavy equipment.
Key Job Duties
1. Assembles according to customer’s needs, by following Process Design Sheets and other written or verbal specifications.
2. Assures and maintains specified torque and tension by proper setting of torque wrenches.
3. Mounts and connects auxiliary, mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, or hydraulic equipment; cuts and fits parts, hoses, and tubing together.
4. Installs moving parts, such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and checks them to test for free movement
5. Works as a team member and co-operates with co-workers.
6. Operates overhead cranes or Jib cranes safely in order to move and set large parts to machine or fixture.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum 1year related experience preferred. Minimum of 1year experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
3. Must be able to use a variety of hand tools, power tools etc.
4. Some standing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
5. Forklift certification preferred.
6. Must project a cooperative and positive attitude toward customers, employees, and the Company.
7. Incumbent may be required to work overtime as required to meet schedules.
8. Must comply with all environmental, quality and safety rules, practices and standards.