Android System Admininstrator
As an Android distribution system admin, you will be responsible for the stability and reliability of our servers and work as a System Engineer on Integration and development of tools for builds and releases. You will be expected to bring new servers into the environment, upgrade existing software components, manage backups, implement system monitoring, write automation scripts for repetitive tasks, and provide solutions for future needs. The role requires familiarity with Linux, especially Ubuntu, Fedora, and opensuse distributions. It also requires familiarity with ssh, Apache, LDAP, python, and git. The ideal applicant will have a strong track record of system uptime and security in previous positions.
BS +3 years experience or MS +2 years experience in Linux system administration with a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related degree field.
3 years in each of the following:
- administering production Linux servers, serving multiple users.
- Apache, postfix, OpenSSH server software
- at least two scripting languages (Python, Shell, Perl, TCL, etc.)
- server-class PC hardware
- building Linux software packages from source when needed
- package management systems: APT, Yum, Zypper
- remote-console software (VNC)
- KVM system virtualization software
- LVM, the Linux Volume Manager
- Networking protocols: http, https, git, tcp/ip, ssh, smtp, ldap, etc.
- Nagios system monitoring software
- rsync and rdist-backup backups software
- Jenkins continuous integration software
- Gerrit source code review
- serial attached storage (SAS)
- Agile development team
- Ganeti virtual machine management software
USA-California, Santa Clara
USA-Oregon, Hillsboro, USA-Arizona, Phoenix
Apr 16, 2012
Apr 17, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...