The Amazon Game Services team is passionate about our services reaching thousands of game developers, and we're looking for an experienced engineer to help lead our effort to build great tools and tech for the most popular game engines.
In this role you will become an expert in a variety of popular game engines and design and write code critical to our services and evaluate their compatibility and usability with those engines. As the team grows, we expect you to move into a leadership position, manage other SDEs, and provide technical leadership to help us build and deliver exciting, new and as yet unannounced offerings to game developers.
Key responsibilities include:
• Quickly evaluate and document the strengths and weaknesses of various game engines and third-party platforms
• Work closely with engineering and product management to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to products that exceed developer needs
• Be able to write quality code for tools and plugins for a variety of game engines
• Execution against project plans and delivery commitments;
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Have a lot of fun working on new, hard, and exciting technology with good people!
A SDE Lead on our team is required to have these qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 3+ years professional experience in cross-platform game development
• Deep familiarity with a modern game engine such as Unity or Unreal, plus passing familiarity with additional game engines (proprietary or off-the-shelf)
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#. etc
• Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• A passion for staying up-to-date on gaming technology!
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, including building tools or plugins for game engines
• Experience leading other software development engineers, either directly or indirectly
• Experience building social or mobile games
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with game development tools, such as scripting languages or art tools
• A solid understanding of game software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...