Grade 14 $18.81 - $24.46/hr (midpoint)
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) minimum
Works under the supervision of the Trauma Program Manager. The Trauma Registrar collects trauma data for injury research, epidemiology and quality improvement. The data shall be obtained from Emergency Department activity logs, hospital computer data banks, and trauma patient records. Codes and enters data into the computerized trauma register. Generates trauma service reports. Employee will maintain confidentiality at all times.
1. Assigns and scores all injuries utilizing the AIS and ICD-9 scoring system. Completes and verifies for accuracy all data collected. Updates and provides missing data elements as the information becomes available. Enters data into the database in a timely manner. Maintains Wyoming Trauma Registry requirements.
2. Reviews and corrects Trauma Registry reports prior to submission.
3. Participates as an integral member of the Trauma Quality Management Program. Participates in professional development to assure skills and knowledge of trauma data information.
4. Works collaboratively with physicians, coworkers, management and other departments.
5. Completes mandatory education and contact education requirements.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Good communication skills with patients, families, supervisors, and co-workers.
· Good analytical skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
· Associate’s degree from an accredited school of nursing
· RN licensure in the State of Wyoming
· Experience in emergency or intensive care nursing
REQUIREMENTS TO BE COMPLETED UPON HIRE:
Candidates must meet the following mandatory requirements for specialty units upon hire:
- Basic Life Support
- Resource Pool employees will be required to maintain certifications as required by their designated units and specialty areas.
- Specialty certifications per department:
- ACLS/PALS/NRP should be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer as required by unit.
- TNCC/ENPC should be obtained within 1 year of hire or transfer as required by unit.
- Cardiac Services – ACLS
- Endoscopy – ACLS
- ICU & PCU – ACLS
- Telemetry – ACLS
- ED – ACLS, TNCC, ENPC or PALS
- Labor and Delivery – ACLS & NRP
- MBU – ACLS if floated to L&D and NRP
- Peds – NRP, ENPC or PALS
- Administrative Reps. – ACLS
- Rapid Response – ACLS, TNCC, ENPC or PALS
- Nurse Managers – ACLS
- Hospitalist RN’s – ACLS
- OR – TNCC, Effective 3/1/2013 CNOR within 2 years of hire
- PACU – ACLS, PALS
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing
· Prior experience as a trauma registrar
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 21 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...