The Mechanical Engineering Intern will work as part of a team to provide mechanical engineering support for most reliable operation and lowest life cycle cost for rotating and fixed equipment in world class chemical manufacturing facility. Overall responsibility will be to assist the engineering staff on general engineering tasks and provide support for engineering projects as needed.
- General mechanical engineering support for unit operations
- Assist senior engineers in supporting Reliability Centered Manufacturing to improve occupancy and to reduce costs to best in class as % of ERV.
- Root cause failure analysis support for operating problems
- Provide mechanical engineering support on equipment to improve equipment Mean Time Between Failure and elimination of chronic problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker with the ability to innovate
- Strong computer skills
- Must be currently enrolled in BS Mechanical Engineering Curriculum at a sophomore level or higher in an accredited university
Cornerstone Chemical Company - 20 months ago