Myriant Corporation is looking for a talented, energetic and highly motivated Associate Scientist/ Engineer to join our Chemistry and Analytical Department in Woburn, MA. This individual is responsible for analysis of samples in the Analytical Department and development and optimization of analytical protocols. The successful candidate must be a continuous learner, exploring new and improved analytical methods and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Duties include sampling, analysis, interpretation and reporting of results
- Perform experimental work and report data in spreadsheets, database programs and other analytical analysis software tools.
- Work in collaboration with other scientific staff and teams toward achievement of scientific goals.
- Work with instrument manufacturers and contract labs to achieve timely and accurate analysis of samples and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Help with the development and optimization of analytical protocols.
- Write, edit and follow standard operating procedures
- Accurately collect, record and maintain research notebook, spreadsheets and/or other data collection and analysis software
- Perform maintenance and calibration of analytical instrumentation.
- Comply with all safety regulations and company policy
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Chemical Engineering or related discipline with at least 1 year experience in an analytical setting
- Familiar with organic / inorganic / analytical chemistry in industrial or academic environment
- Knowledge of liquid chromatography systems desired, knowledge of other separations techniques a plus
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Desire and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize
- Motivation to learn new skills and willingness to take on new scientific challenges
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
Myriant offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only, no recruiters or phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Myriant Technologies - 18 months ago