The Sr. Product Analyst position reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs of applications/products supported by the IT&S Payor Analysis & Reporting team. Leverages analysis to recommend system and business process modifications to support business strategies through the purchased or in-house developed software. Writes detailed description of business goals, user needs, computer program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs. Requires detail knowledge of requirements gathering and documentation practices, as well as software development methodologies. Communicates requirements to software developers and assures that the designed solution will meet business and user needs. Works with business users to resolve conflicting requirements. This position will, work with project managers to develop timelines and manage project risks, assist in the development of quality assurance test plans, and help develop end user documentation.
This position would support Parallon Business Solutions operations, to gather and document use cases and feature requirements. Must work with project team of developers/QA analysts on features, enhancements, and fixes as required. Will serve as 2nd tier escalation point for issues related to system functionality. This position requires a strong background in gathering requirements.
Independent, innovative, creative, self-managing individual with the ability to succeed with only general directions.
Creates a joint vision for IT solutions by maintaining strong relationships with business unit, Project Management, and Solution Leader. Works closely with business owners to understand and document requirements. Prepares and presents the value proposition, business case, business requirements, and articulates impact to the system.
Creates deliverables independently or with BA team and manages approvals. Provides coaching, technical, functional guidance on specific project deliverables, works with developers and QA to ensure requirements are understood and met
Provides expertise in process design and provides leadership in communicating requirements to product development, testing, and education/training.
Builds strong and diverse network of relationships with various stakeholder groups. Identifies impact to other solutions or projects, and works with other BAs and stakeholders to identify options and recommendations.
5-7 yrs relevant work experience. College Graduate Required Undergrad.
- Thorough understanding of critical processes:
- Ability to succinctly communicate verbally in a variety of media
- Strong collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Detailed understanding of process improvement methods and techniques
- Experience working with Word templates, Visio flow charts, and other Office tools in order to create and communicate system requirements.
- Familiarity with SQL and Oracle databases
More about HCA...
- Experience with IT&S case tools, product development or system testing
- Experience working in environments were product development has been outsourced to a third party
- Experience with Accounting functions
- Experience in the healthcare/hospital industry
- Experience in a Vendor Software Management
- Supplemental education in business process improvement.
- Some Project Management experience a plus.
- HCA has been Recognized in Computerworld Magazine's Top 100 Workplaces to work for Information Technology Professionals.
- HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2011 World's Most Ethical Companies.