Junior Associate, Vehicle Specialist Team, Manager Information Group: Cambridge Associates LLC (C|A) is a sage, global consulting practice providing industry-leading investment consulting, financial planning, and proprietary capital markets and investment manager research to over 900 highly sophisticated institutional investors.
Overview: The Manager Information Group (MIG) is tasked with centralizing all investment manager data collection processes across all C|A global offices. MIG serves as a liaison between investment management firms and C|A’s internal advisory departments in a vital role to capture data efficiently and improve the accessibility of information throughout the firm. Through the organization, maintenance, and ownership of various internal proprietary applications, the department supports C|A’s global investment consulting practice through all stages of the investment process. This includes fully servicing data needs for C|A’s research, due diligence, consulting, and performance reporting groups.
We are actively seeking talented, self-motivated, and accomplished individuals to fill Junior Associate roles on our new Vehicle Specialist Team. As a member of the Manager Information Group’s newest team, selected candidates will have an opportunity to help shape the processes and direction of the team, as well as the expansion of the utilities it uses. The team is tasked with analyzing and interpreting offering, subscription, and various other legal documents across both Hedge Fund and Long-Only asset classes to determine the liquidity terms of client investments. The team also maintains a proprietary liquidity database that is utilized by both clients and consultants to support portfolio rebalancing, subscriptions for new investments, and redemptions/liquidations of existing investments. By expanding coverage to include Hedge Fund and Long-Only investments, this database will allow clients and consultants to evaluate total portfolio liquidity.
- Analyze fund documents to interpret terms of the offering including required notice for subscriptions and redemptions, lockup periods, fees, and other key provisions.
- Enter liquidity information into C|A’s proprietary liquidity tracking database.
- Interact with other internal department teams and teams outside the department to source documents, facilitate updates, respond to inquiries, and understand the needs of key stakeholders.
- As a member of a new team, assist with the development and implementation of workflow management systems, processes, and operations.
- Assist in design and implementation of Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes for addressing new client investments and updates to existing investments.
- Participate in the development of business requirements for the team’s internal systems and applications.
- Serve as the primary investment vehicle liaison for requests/inquiries related to the interpretation of terms.
- Act as an ambassador to the firm at large to promote this team’s and MIG’s services.
- BA/BS Degree (all majors welcomed)
- 1-2 years of work experience is preferred but not required
- Auditing or paralegal experience may be beneficial but not required
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Hyper organized and able to manage multiple priorities and competing demands
- Comfortable spending significant time reviewing legal documents
- Some understanding of investment terminology is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Outlook and Excel
Cambridge Associates LLC - 13 months ago