EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services for enterprise and government customers in more than 100 countries.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional business units world-wide, EchoStar is a multiple Emmy award-winning company that has pioneered advancements in the set-top box and satellite industries for over 30 years, consistently delivering value for customers, partners and investors through innovation and outstanding quality. For more than three decades, EchoStar’s contribution to video technology continues to have a major influence on the way consumers view, receive and manage TV programming.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
Echostar is looking for a MySQL DBA to perform duties in the full cycle including development, testing and production support. Databases will include a variety of types including large data warehouse used for tracking and reporting, high availability web server backend DBs, large replication environment, etc.
- Maintain existing MySQL environments, including large replication environments for data mining and mid-sized High Availability environments.
- Review and make recommendations for tuning existing environments.
- Design and tune new tables, databases and environments for both existing environments and new work.
- Monitor and support current and future environments.
- Create, maintain and update maintenance scripts for MySQL and SQLite databases.
- Design, create and implement new database environments including HA and replication setups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or Engineering or related field
- 4 years hands-on experience in database administration of MySQL.
- 4 years experience with various MySQL engine types, include InnoDB, MyISAM, MEMORY.
- 2 years experience with setup, configuration, maintenance, trouble-shooting MySQL replication environments.
- 4 years experience with performance tuning MySQL databases for a variety of environments and user requirements.
- 4 years experience with Linux, including experience writing Linux scripts.
- Experience with MySQL Clustering configuration, setup and maintenance.
- Experience with High Availability MySQL environments.
- Experience using PERL for database maintenance and interaction.
- Experience with using and configuring NoSQL environments (MongoDB, etc).
- Experience with SQLite design, configuration, tuning and consolidation
- Experience with other relational database systems such as Oracle, PostgreSQL.
EchoStar is an EEO employer (M/F/D/V)
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach
EchoStar - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...