Database and roster maintenance
- Provide input to and oversee the development of pre-deployment operational plans and concept of operations plans.
- Supervise selected staff to assure they are properly trained and provided with the necessary equipment, supplies, support, etc., to carry out their mission assignments and activities during the phases of both readiness, pre-deployment, response, and post-deployment operations
- Provide professional leadership and support specifically within the Center for Global Health and across the MGH/Partners systems generally.
- Provide direction for preparing for the safety and well-being of all team members.
- Ensure and maintain good inter-team communications in providing adequate educational resources and immunization requirements prior during readiness phase and pre-deployment
- Work closely with senior management and medical response teams to determine the operational needs of the medical program within the scope of the disaster response program at MGH
- Participate in the development of after-action reports and meetings to ensure findings are addressed in the Corrective Action Plan (CAP) for future responses
- Participate in outcomes research to improve disaster response locally and internationally
- In coordination with the Incident Commander, responsible for the supervision, assignment, and evaluation of MGH medical response personnel during the preparedness, response, and demobilization phases of a disaster response assignment
- Responsible for managing disaster response assignments,
- Completes all required reports to include training program evaluations, and maintenance of disaster related equipment
- Organizes tabletop exercises and leadership meetings in preparation and evaluation of disaster events.
- Oversees team personnel orientation and establishes team training programs of medical care and management including environmental sanitation, personal hygiene, stress management, and triage to ensure effective and efficient field operations
- Assists with the selection of qualified applicants for team composition and positions
- Day to day operations and deployment responsibilities may include the following
Monthly On-call management for team personnel
Periodic on-call availability for first contact and response during disasters
The MGH Center for Global Health Disaster Response Manager is responsible for the organization, coordination, training, and preparedness of MGH Global Health medical and operations personnel, teams, and assets to effectively and efficiently deploy to a disaster zone in case of a disaster, both domestically or internationally. This encompasses all facility - based, organized medical/operations interventions to meet the clinical needs of the affected population. “Facilities” could include the establishment of treatment sites, during a public health emergency and/or disaster response to either natural or manmade events, including “no notice” events such as earthquakes and terrorist attacks. This person is a key liaison for information among administrative and medical personnel and/or teams in the field and to the leadership of the Center Global Health and MGH. When in disaster related training and in the field this is a supervisory position.
- Proven capabilities in disaster response team management
- Personnel management experience
- Flexibility and ability to work within different cultural and political environments
- Ability to adapt to isolated and potentially austere environments
- Working knowledge of MS Office, excel, word and database programs
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Minimum medical credentialing of Emergency Medical Technician is preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel and live in austere environments as needed and on short notice
- International project management experience preferred
Massachusetts General Hospital - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard