Under the general supervision of the BookOps Manager of Processing, the Senior Collections Processing Associate:
- Assists with the management of the BookOps Processing Unit in matters relating to personnel, budget, production and metrics.
- Supervises, monitors, and maintains performance standards related to the labeling and preparation of new materials for BookOps member libraries’ collections, and as necessary, the coordination of commercial binding activity.
- In collaboration with other office supervisors ensures the efficient output of all processed materials.
- Coordinates with NYPL Research Preservation’s Collections Care Unit, repairs, insertion of pockets and tip-ins, and construction of protective polypropylene book jackets.
- Documents policies and procedures within the BookOps Processing Unit and contributes to keeping policies current.
- Responsible for special projects and supervising additional tasks as required.
- Is responsible for preparing print and non-print library materials for circulation.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Successfully demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in handling detailed work processes.
- Successfully demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as the ability to work well independently in an organized manner.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility, reliability, punctuality and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience including successfully demonstrated experience with library materials processing.
- Relevant experience in responsible clerical and technical work in a library processing environment.
- Demonstrated experience implementing new procedures preferred.
- Experience with Millennium ILS.
- Experience with online searching, email applications, Microsoft Access, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must pass a physical
The New York Public Library - 15 months ago