Traffic Control Flagger
A traffic controller---also known as a flagger---is
someone who directs traffic through a hazardous
construction site or other temporary obstruction to
normal traffic flow. Using a set of public safety
guidelines, the traffic controller allows traffic to
move through these zones safely and quickly as possible.
Along with controlling traffic, this person has a
variety of duties to ensure traffic safety.
control devices around the work zone.
- Be responsible for erecting and maintaining traffic
- Direct traffic through the work zone.
- Communicate with each other on traffic flow using
- Hold and operate Stop/Slow signs to direct motorists.
- Remain courteous and calm while dealing with the
- Relocate traffic control devices as necessary.
- Maintain public safety in the work zone.
- Work independent and absent of supervision.
experience is preferred but not required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years of
clean driving record.
- OSHA 10 hour training preferred but not required.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license and a
writing and via radios.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and precisely both orally and in
those contact in the course of work
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with
- Work flexible hours including nights and weekends if
pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hiring is contingent upon successfully passing a
Req. Code : MJBK01010913
Trans-Tel - 2 years ago
TRANS-TEL CENTRAL, INC. (TTC) has specialized in the design and installation of fiber optic and high-speed copper communication networks...