The Unclassified Information Sharing Service (UISS) Lead Information Services Knowledge Manager (KM) is responsible for the UISS organization-wide knowledge sharing to ensure that the organization's know-how, information, and experience is shared both internally and externally with clients, partners, and stakeholders. The Lead Information Services Knowledge Manager also works with the UISS Software Development Team by providing requirements for product development, serving as a product manager and conducting quality assurance testing.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The UISS Lead Information Services Knowledge Manager is responsible for providing support to UISS communities of interest,particularly in the field of HA/DR. The specific duties include:
-Serves as the expert KM practitioner and functional/technical agent for UISS/APAN. Identifies internal and external best KM practices and implements these best KM practices.
-Ensures Information Technology (IT), Information Management (IM) and Knowledge Management (KM) systems/processes are configured to best enable the UISS/APAN staff to efficiently and effectively obtain, display, and share information.
-Determine effectiveness of KM program activities, flow of information, and effectiveness of KM systems across the organization.
-Supports efforts to collaborate with US and international partner organizations that also produce and share humanitarian assistance disaster response-related information.
-Facilitate networking with communities of interest with responsibilities to develop, engage and expand dialogue communications between and among diverse focus groups to include international and non-governmental organizations, foreign government ministries and constituencies, domestic national audiences, and other diverse stakeholders.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
A Master's degree from accredited college or university.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities :
- 4+ years Experience conducting assessments that focus on identifying existing baseline processes and procedures
- 2+ years experience with using or implementing social media in a business and/or government environment
- 4+ years experience with IT tools including, collaborative systems, Web 2.0 technologies, desktop application
- 4+ years experience assisting teams who work together to develop software, customer requirements, user feedback, product management, and quality assurance testing
- 2 + years of experience with project management, knowledge management, business process improvement, or information management
- 2+ years of experience with supporting military organizations
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Physically able and willing to travel in the U.S. and internationally
- Must possess active secret level security clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities :
- Experience with Disaster Management & Humanitarian Assistance Operation and Administration
- Experience promoting & providing technical support for collaborative tools including but not limited to COIs, wikis, blogs, forums and web conferencing tools
Cubic Corporation - 5 months ago