Regional Fashion PR Specialist
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a talented individual who will be responsible for developing strategies and plans to implement various communication efforts and assessing key trends that impact Nordstrom.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with a variety of talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. At our Seattle Headquarters, we work in partnership with other areas of the Company to support our frontline salespeople and customers. When you join Nordstrom, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal Regional Fashion Public Relations Specialist is motivated, results-oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service everyday.
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to senior management and frontline employees, including setting up interviews, providing message points and organizing Public Relations (PR) events
- Develop communication plans to support corporate and product strategies
- Write press releases, speeches and internal communications for external and internal channels
- Pitch Spring, Fall, Holiday trends and product to media
- Monitor media for company/industry news, respond to media inquiries and route accordingly
- Provide direction to and coordinate efforts with vendors and PR agencies
- Plan, facilitate and/or execute assigned projects such as stepping in as a media trained spokesperson when appropriate
- Train coworkers and less experienced staff, as appropriate
- Collaborate with peers and leaders to integrate and connect all communication pieces to maximize effectiveness and align strategies
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Minimum 3 years experience in communications, public relations, public affairs or related field
- Strong understanding of the Nordstrom culture, including the ability to articulate culture and brand
- Passion and understanding of retail and fashion
- Working understanding of the use of all types of media
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Nordstrom - 2 years ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...