The Director of Nursing has oversight responsibility for all nursing services in the organization. These include those at the inpatient facility, partial hospitalization program sites, and clinics. The Director of Nursing also holds line responsibility for Infection Control, Pharmacy, Clinical Nutrition, Call Center and Nursing In-Service Education. The Director of Nursing serves as clinical liaison with laboratory, radiology, and emergency medical services contracted by the organization. As a member of senior management, the Director of Nursing participates in strategic planning and implementation of the organizations mission. The incumbent is responsible for the Nursing Department and its overall operating budget. The incumbent is also responsible for managing contracted pharmacy, dietician, and laboratory services.
The Position reports directly to Administrator as do the Medical Director, Assistant Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, Marketing Director, Human Resources Director, Director of Clinical Services, Food Service Manager, UR Manager, and Administrative Services staff.
Prior experience in a nursing management position is required. Must be able to demonstrate effective management skills; have knowledge of healthcare organizations and administration, agency standards, JCAHO and licensing requirements, and compliance with applicable laws. Must have proven ability to develop and to manage department personnel and budgets.
- Current Hawaii Registered Nurse license, with a master’s degree in nursing or related field required.
- Experience may be considered as a substitute for advanced degree.
- Knowledge and Experience:
For additional information about the position, please contact Jane Bayudan, Employment Coordinator email@example.com (808) 677-2525.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational planning skills.
- Must have excellent written, verbal presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have well-developed problem identification, conflict resolution, analytical, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Must exhibit leadership skills, and the ability to initiate and maintain clear communication.
- Must be flexible and adapt to constantly changing situations.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects.
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 17 months ago