Our Client in Columbia, MD is looking for a Database Administrator. This is a direct hire opportunity. The Database Administrator will be responsible for:
- Monitoring databases for problems and diagnosing where those problems are.
- Working with senior engineers to maintain scalable, reliable, and robust database environments.
- Working with developers on performance tuning, query optimization, and index tuning.
- Building database tools and scripts to simplify, automate, or solve the problems vendors leave behind.
- Provide 24x7 escalated on-call support on a pager rotation.
Requirements & Education:
- 3-4+ years working with two or more databases systems including Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, or Hadoop.
- 4+ years working in Unix/Linux environments, particularly with web facing systems.
- Proficient tuning database processes and queries, both physically and logically.
- A solid understanding of database replication
- Ability to work cooperatively with software engineers and system administrators.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving expertise and attention to detail.
- The ability to remain calm in the face of extreme crises.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
The Mergis Group - 18 months ago
Spherion® has distinguished itself as a go-to source for skilled talent and rewarding career opportunities. But, it’s not our size...