Rapid7 is one of the fastest growing software companies in the U.S., growing by over 2,000% in the past five years. We’re not only looking for the best and the brightest, but the most innovative and passionate people to join our team.
Rapid7 is the leading provider of unified vulnerability management and penetration testing solutions. Rapid7’s NeXpose and Metasploit products help organizations to improve their security posture by providing actionable insights into the real threats from vulnerabilities across their entire IT infrastructure. With more than 1,700 enterprises and government agencies, Rapid7 delivers actionable intelligence about an organization's entire IT environment. Rapid7 offers the only integrated threat management solution that enables organizations to implement and maintain best practices and optimize their network security, web application security, database security, and penetration testing strategies.
Rapid7 has been recognized with numerous industry accolades including Boston Globe’s Best Places to Work, Red Herring 100 Award, Inc. 500, Deloitte's Fast 500, Info Security Products Guide Tomorrow’s Technology Today Award, Network Products Guide Best Products and Services Award, Info Security Products Guide Global Product Excellence Customer Trust Award, and an SC Magazine Award Winner.
Reporting directly to the VP Professional Services, the Rapid7 Deployment and Training Consultant is a key member of the professional services team responsible for delivering Rapid7's NeXpose product related deployment and training. These deployments, and the associated user and admin level training programs, are delivered on-site at customer facilities world-wide. Training can also take place virtually via the internet, as well as, in classroom environments around the US. As both a deployment consultant and a trainer, it is important to be the first and best user of the products, therefore, an innate curiosity and love of learning all of the intricacies of the product is extremely important. To achieve this, close interaction with Rapid7’s engineering, consulting and support teams are essential to success.
- Deploy NeXpose Vulnerability Management Software in various client environments
- Deliver world class training for NeXpose products
- Strive to achieve technical mastery over the product and the underlying technology
- Continually improve the training and deployment materials via hands on experience and feedback from Clients
- Assist clients to deploy, use, and experience the benefits of Rapid7 products
- Create high levels of customer satisfaction
- Participate actively within Rapid7 as strong customer advocate
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years experience in IT, security, risk management or professional services
- Strong oral and written communications. This position will be expected to act independently, as well as collaboratively with customers, peers, partners, and managers to ensure technical excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly PowerPoint. Experience designing and publishing captivating presentations
- Experience with designing or working with training curriculums, certifications programs and/or learning programs
- Experience in security and/or vulnerability management
- Understanding of security principles, policies and industry best practices
- Strong understanding of security vulnerabilities and associated risks. Able to communicate this to diverse audiences (both technical and non-technical)
- Experience running vulnerability scans in a variety of network environments, making use of both credentialed and un-credentialed checks, analyzing scan results and configuring scanners for a variety of audit scenarios.
- Experience or knowledge of penetration testing methodologies
- Experience with using a variety of security tools
- Experience in systems administration of Windows, Linux and BSD
- Understanding of wireless LAN protocols and various WLAN vulnerabilities and attacks
- Experience in multiple programming languages and shell scripting
- Knowledge of Regulatory Requirements and Best Practice Frameworks such as ISO 17799, PCI, GLBA and HIPAA
Rapid7 - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Rapid7 is the leading provider of security risk intelligence solutions. Rapid7's integrated vulnerability management and penetration testing...