About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. With locations in Phoenix, Mesa and Sun City, Ariz. and Greeley, Colo., we offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you’ll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position implements education programs for several service line workforce needs to achieve successful simulation education and training. Plans, designs, implements and evaluates simulation based learning and development outcomes to support the achievement of workforce goals, facility and regional strategies and initiatives. Provides expert consultation and critique to simulation development.
- Serves as an internal consultant for simulation design. Designs workforce learning and development outcomes which support facility strategies and initiatives. Conducts assessment of current and projected workforce development needs and provides efficient, effective, high quality programs and services in response. Provides guidance on clinical issues for various service line areas. Serves as a resource for policy and procedures, standards of care, and external agency requirements.
- Coordinates and assists in all development of scenarios and training in conjunction with faculty and staff to integrate simulation usage into clinical curriculum. Researches, plans, implements and evaluates curriculum content and sequence. Incorporates proficient clinical practice, safety, and patient centered care in all educational scenarios. Programs, tests and runs scenarios with faculty, assuring that faculty and equipment are prepared for teaching scenarios.
- Directly responsible for the development and delivery of employee development programs and designated learning programs which attract new recruits, retain current staff and improves quality of care. Ensures timely delivery and integration between plan objectives and design in order to obtain intended program impact and stakeholder/participant satisfaction while managing required resources effectively.
- Uses advanced knowledge to execute set-up, programming, maintenance, use, disassembly, and troubleshooting of simulation equipment. Demonstrates and teaches technical and philosophical aspects of operating and programming simulators to staff. Develops a schedule of simulator activities to include periodic review and maintenance of equipment.
- Implements, interprets, and evaluates learning goals and objectives. Implements assessment tools to be integrated as competency measures in all aspects of simulation based education. Evaluates learning effectiveness using standardized outcome measurements. Uses performance measures and workforce needs to drive education plans and learning strategies.
- Manages and leads program development of new systems, applications, software conversions and upgrades, and media integration maintaining partnerships and troubleshooting. Identifies opportunities for technology improvement and integration into healthcare education.
- Conducts regular evaluations and critiques of programs, soliciting recommendations from both internal and external customers.
- Provides consultation for research projects; guides and/or directs process. Effectively translates research outcomes into actions, working with others to improve overall quality and cost effectiveness of patient care.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical care, education, and/or technology as normally demonstrated through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing, healthcare, education, technology, or related field.
Requires a current RN license.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care as normally demonstrated through 5 years of recent experience in an acute care setting. Requires 2 years experience using adult learning principles. Requires the ability to facilitate shared understanding and creative team processes. Develops collaborative relationships that foster synergy, creative solutions and successful results. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must also have familiarity with programming and troubleshooting software.
Master's degree in nursing, healthcare or adult learning preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 18 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.