Asset Protection Associate
- Required to learn and maintain a working knowledge of Academy's products and services.
- Acknowledges customers in a friendly manner as they enter and exit the store and provides exceptional customer service.
- Identifies customers entering the store with return merchandise and marks items prior to directing customers to service desk.
- Conducts receipt checks on high value or bulk merchandise leaving the store.
- Recovers any merchandise that has not been paid for and acts as a theft deterrent through physical presence.
- Required to learn and maintain a thorough working knowledge of Store CCTV and EAS systems.
- Responds to EAS alarms and documents activations accordingly.
- Responsible for daily testing of all store EAS equipment.
- Communicates concerns directly to the Store Director/Operations Manager and the Loss Prevention Department, as appropriate.
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior retail/loss prevention experience preferred.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Observational skills.
Academy Sports + Outdoors - 11 months ago
Academy Sports & Outdoors is one of the nation,s largest sporting goods retailers, operating over 80 stores across the southeastern...