STRATMARK a direct marketing and nonprofit fundraising company with a proven track record of excellence and results across multiple channels: online, direct mail, broadcast, phone and print media is seeking a Director of Information Technology Services. We are seeking a highly self-motivated, self-directed individual with good attention to detail and who has the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
The Director of Information Technology strategizes, executes and manages the hardware, software, service delivery and personnel operations of the IT department and ensures alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The Director will plan and recommend, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for all IT solutions. This position will provide tier two and three support to staff and when needed will assist primary IT support staff in resolving issues.
The Director of IT will work closely with the Executive Committee and in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The very nature of this position requires working outside normal business hours to perform upgrades, resolve system emergencies and technical testing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Technology strategy and planning
- Systems and network administration
- IT Department management, personnel, service delivery, policy & procedures
- IT budgeting, departmental planning and expenditure approvals
- Security-Access-Fire systems and Disaster Preparedness
- Tier 2 and Tier 3 support
Education and Experience:
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to design workflows and procedures using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Good judgment and willingness to make decisions, while including the appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Problem Solving Ability using information and initiative to adapt to change and overcome obstacles quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills reflected in being open minded, resolving conflict and demonstrating confidentiality.
- Ability to supervise, develop and train subordinates and provide regular performance feedback.
- Ability to develop, coordinate, and communicate project plans on time and within budget, and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Technical ability reflected in troubleshooting technological problems and adapting to new technologies, and the ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Prefer at least six years of experience in the IT industry with demonstrated competence in both management and IT support.
- At least one technical certification, preferably MCSE.
- Experience with maintaining compliance standards ie. HIPAA etc.
- Understands and maintains Infosec best practices
Apply at www.stratmark.com career opportunities.
Stratmark offers highly competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a full range of benefits. Benefits include Medical/Dental Plans, Paid Time Off Program, Paid Holidays, Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan. Stratmark is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Stratmark Group, Ltd. is the premier strategic marketing company exclusively serving the non-profit marketplace. We are a specialized...