To perform and direct construction material testing, excavation observations and project monitoring requiring engineering, geotechnical and/or environmental disciplines.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
1. Work independently performing observations and testing services in the following areas:
a. Perform field testing of plastic concrete.
b. Perform field testing of soils.
c. Perform laboratory testing of concrete, masonry, soils, asphalt, and aggregates.
d. Report field test results.
2. Assist work coordinators in laboratory tests of other construction materials.
3. Communicate with project manager.
4. Communicate with client, contractor, and other parties involved with project, including architect, structural engineer, or other consultants.
5. Maintain testing equipment in a clean working order.
6. Follow all safety procedures.
7. Maintain an acceptable driving record.
8. Perform other job duties not listed, as required, to meet department and company needs.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
1. Ability to frequently lift 30-60 pounds and occasionally lift 60 to 100 pounds from the floor to 2 feet with reasonably accommodation.
2. Ability to frequently carry 30-60 pounds for 10-30 feet and occasionally carry 60-100 pounds for 10-30 feet with or without reasonable accommodation.
3. Ability to perform hand auger borings and field testing throughout the working day.
4. Some duties outdoors and may be away from main office/laboratory location.
5. Personal vehicle available for company business.
6. Regional travel.
7. A clear driving record while employed.
1. High diploma or equivalent.
2. Two year technical degree in civil, geological, or a related field is desirable.
3. Concrete, soil, and/or asphalt certifications preferred .
4. Troxler approved certificate for use of Troxler gauge preferred.
5. Department of Transportation certifications a plus.
Proud to be an AA/EEO/Veteran Friendly Employer
American Engineering Testing Inc. - 2 years ago