Other responsibilities include monitoring individual student eligibility for aid awarded under specific programs and regulations, verifying the accuracy of information submitted by students on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA, certifying the eligibility and processing of funds for federal and private loan programs, providing assistance in identifying all sources of financial assistance for which a student may qualify in order to continue enrollment at the University, and communicating with students with respect to issues or conditions that may have a negative effect on their continued eligibility to receive financial assistance. Work in a professional and congenial manner within the Financial Aid Office, within the university and in representing Embry Riddle externally.
Advise applicants and their families regarding the financial assistance process and how it relates to other functions of the university.
Evaluate the eligibility of applicants for financial assistance funds.
- Interpreting for students and families how the financial aid process and determinations of financial need are made.
- Participating in Student Outreach programs as needed.
- Determining when it is necessary to make referrals of students to other on campus support services.
- Advising students on debt management and planning of finances in relation to college costs.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of other university offices practices that affect Financial Aid, i.e. Admissions, Records and Registration, Student Financial Services, Collections, Accounting, Career Center, Counseling Center, College of Continuing Education and Prescott and Worldwide Campus Financial Aid Offices, etc.
Processing of Federal Stafford and PLUS loan programs and private loan programs with an approximate annual volume of 100 million for students and families.
- Evaluating student aid applications in compliance with eligibility requirements stated in federal, state and institutional regulations.
- Determining student academic eligibility for assistance by applying standards of progress requirements in accordance with federal and state regulations and university degree program requirements.
- Resolving any inconsistent data on student aid applications and verification documents in compliance with Federal Student Aid Verification Requirements.
- Interpreting financial data submitted by students and families in order to determine the level of student financial need in relation to program guidelines.
- Applying student aid awarding procedures to determine what levels of financial assistance to offer students.
- Completing the necessary file documents in order to support determinations made in the offer of student aid.
- Determining student eligibility for state grant funds based on state laws and regulations and readjust federal or other aid as necessary.
- Determining student eligibility for assistance when external aid programs are involved, in Veterans Benefits, Voc Rehab Benefits, ROTC Programs, outside scholarships, etc.
- Determining levels of allowable student indebtedness in relation to prior year and current year academic standings and level of financial need.
- Determining when necessary, with proper documentation to support, the changing of a students dependency status and level of financial need as deemed justifiable by the evaluator.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all federal and state student aid regulations and related office policies and procedures.
- Maintaining knowledge of the rules involved in completion of IRS Tax Forms as well as other external income and benefit programs.
- Processing student financial aid applications as assigned on a timely basis.
- Reconciling a portion of the disbursements made with accounting office records and resolving any discrepancies.
- Disbursing scholarship funds in accordance with donor requirements and federal regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of military education benefits and other military benefits and their effect on students financial need.
- Responsible for timely certifying eligibility of federal loan applications for students and parents.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of federal and state regulations as they pertain to the processing of Federal Stafford and PLUS loan applications.
- Transmitting electronically, Federal Stafford and PLUS data via currently used software programs using the internet and file transfer protocols. Requires understanding of computer file maintenance and downloading operations.
- Resolving any loan application processing problems with, lending institutions, or loan servicers.
- Completing lender requests for collection assistance to assist with default prevention.
- Helping students and parents through all aspects of loan application and disbursement.
- Maintain a working knowledge of each different lenders requirements for certification and student eligibility as they pertain to the processing of private loan applications. Specific requirements for special state loan programs.
- Working with lenders to resolve any loan application processing problems.
- Acting as a liaison between students and lenders to resolve issues regarding certification and disbursement.
- Assist with monitoring and status of student loan funds received.
- Assisting in loan debt counseling as needed.
- Producing automated correspondence as appropriate.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all software products used by the Financial Aid Office, as well as software used by federal and private lenders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma is required, although a Bachelor's Degree is preferred. Prior financial aid work experience is strongly preferred. Strong interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with staff, the public, various government entities and the university community. Demonstrated analytical abilities to handle complex administrative details with experience working in a fast paced, multi tasking environment. Comprehensive understanding of financial aid processing and eligibility requirements. Experience with automated files management, tracking, and letter generating computer programs. Excellent communication skills. Must be able to multi task and be deadline oriented. Excellent organization skills.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Diversity Statement:
Embry-Riddle values diversity: We respect the rights and property of all individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, physical disability, economic background, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We believe in a community where all members are welcome, and individuals or groups are free from harassment.
How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. For information on applying for a job, please read the following section.
1. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University considers applications for OPEN positions only. You can obtain information regarding these openings from
2. Human Resources retains applications for a particular position only until the position has been filled. You may apply online, within each online job posting.
- our online job postings.
- media advertisements.
3. Applicants MUST meet minimum qualifications to be considered for open positions. Individuals whose qualifications and experience best meet the needs of the University will be contacted for an interview.
4. If you need any reasonable accommodations during the application or interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
If you have not created your profile (using your email address and your own password) please click on the "Register today" button. Once you have created your account, you will be able successfully apply for the vacancy of your choice.
Please follow the steps below to update and add documents to your iRecruitment profile.
1. Log into your iRecruitment profile ( www.erau.edu/jobs ; click "Available Positions" and then click "Login here")
2. Once logged in, click on "My Account" (it is on the left side near the top); here you can update your entire profile. The default tab is "Personal Information", which is where you can add/delete documents. Just click on the remaining headings to view and update your profile. Please remember to "Save" often.
3. When you are finished, click the "Save" button and then the "Home" tab near the top right. This will take you back to your original welome page of your profile
Amount of Travel
Work At Home