Energy Efficiency Engineer: Entry-Level
Okemos, Michigan, USA
DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business and technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification. As an objective and impartial knowledge-based company, we advise and support organizations along the energy value chain: producers, suppliers & end-users of energy, equipment manufacturers, as well as government bodies, corporations and non-governmental organizations. DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability is part of DNV, a global provider of services for managing risk with more than 10,000 employees in over 100 countries.
Location and team
DNV KEMA’s Sustainable Use group is seeking an Entry-Level Energy Efficiency Engineer to join the team that is helping Michigan's business and industrial customers save energy and money. This position is based out of our Okemos, MI office.
Tasks may include
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment at small to mid-sized businesses throughout Michigan
- Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
- Database (Access) queries and program data analysis
- Educate contractors about the program
- Provide flexible support to other team members on an as-needed basis
What we’re asking
This is a US-based position; applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- An educational emphasis on energy and/or energy experience is strongly preferred
- EIT is desirable
- Proficiency with database and analysis tools such as Microsoft Access and Excel is required
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills for customer communication required
- Must have own vehicle or ability to rent a vehicle. Mileage and expenses will be reimbursed
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 45% of the time (primarily local travel)
- Willingness and ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
What we’re offering
DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV KEMA Energy & Sustainability is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website at www.dnvkema.com