The Department of Lifelong Learning at Washtenaw Community College is seeking an instructor to teach Researching Your Historic Home for the spring term of 2013. Interested candidates must be able to provide a hands-on learning experience that is both interactive and performance based. Please provide a sample lesson outline and a cover letter highlighting how your skills and experiences match our position needs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide course instruction and /or technical training in his/her field of expertise.
• Support the stated mission, goals, policies and regulations of WCC .
• Support and abides by the local, state and federal laws that affect the College.
• Attend a mandatory orientation session.
• Must be present for all scheduled class sessions.
• Must complete and return all official course paperwork in a timely manner.
• Keep abreast of developments in field of specialization and/or instruction.
• Prepare, develop, and/or revise curricula based on WCC goals and guidelines, as needed.
• Submit required course outlines, textbooks, instructional materials, and orders for supplies in a timely manner.
• Assists with marketing information about other Lifelong Learning courses in the classroom.
• A Bachelors degree or 7 years of professional experience required.
• Must have demonstrated experience with genealogy, research techniques and/or general history.
• Must have demonstrated ability to develop curriculum to assist participants with home research through a variety of mediums.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Candidate identified. Others welcome to apply. You must submit a sample lesson outline under “other documents” in applicant documents section of application. You must also submit a cover letter. These need to be submitted for consideration.
Washtenaw Community College - 17 months ago