Altran is a comprehensive engineering consulting firm that leverages innovative technologies and industry knowledge to help companies enhance their business and effectively manage their assets. Our goal is to seek out answers to our customer's critical engineering challenges and provide them with a framework that encourages innovative thinking, promotes operational efficiencies, and delivers results to their bottom lines. Our growth oriented team of professionals in North America work closely with utilities, power generation & delivery companies as well as commercial and industrial firms. Altran was recognized in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 by Engineering News Records as part of the Top ENR 500 Design firms. Altran is a wholly-owned division of the Altran Group (Altran Technologies), the European leader in Innovation and Technology consulting. In 2011, the Group’s revenue reached over $2 billion with 17,261 professionals serving clients and improving efficiencies in 20 countries.
Altran is looking for an experienced Chemical Engineer with an extensive background in process design.
• Develop process flow sheets, mass balances, pressure drop calculations, and P&IDs.
• Develop FEED and FEL packages.
• Specification of all process equipment, but especially vessels, pumps, heat exchangers, relief devices, and flare headers.
• Function in the field to product process plant and instrumentation audits and identify piping tie-ins.
• Process modeling in Hysys and/or Aspen.
• Demonstrate ability to perform diversified tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 5-10 years of experience in the Chemical Engineering field.
• Knowledge of refining and chemical units.
• Understand and participate in PHA, HAZOP, and LOPA studies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
• Professional Engineering Registration (PE) preferred
• Willingness for travel (20%).
• Specify process instrumentation.
• Specification of distillation equipment.
• Electrical classification of process areas.
• FEL1 level cost estimation.
• Process plant troubleshooting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V
Altran - 20 months ago
Altran is a comprehensive engineering consulting firm that leverages innovative technologies and industry knowledge to help companies...