Facility Maintenance Mobile Specialist III - Cleveland - 092503
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Operating at a journeyman level, performs a variety of complex services in a specialized building system area such as mechanical, electrical / electronic, hydraulics, carpentry, or machine servicing, etc.
Completion of a two year technical degree or equivalent plus two years experience as an O&M Maintenance Specialist II or completion of an apprenticeship program. State Journeyman's license or equivalent, including five or more years experience in operations and maintenance. Requires in-depth knowledge of various maintenance fundamentals sufficient to deal with service and repairs. Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which includes ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc. Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed. May be required to use a variety of hand and power tools or forklift. May be required to possess a valid driver's license. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
- Performs a variety of service work in one or more specialized building systems such as mechanical, electrical / electronic, hydraulics, carpentry, or machine servicing, etc.
- Provides direction and training to less experienced O&M Specialists.
- Plans, selects, and lays out required materials for service and repair work.
- Works from drawings, schematics, blueprints, job layouts or verbal instructions and operates a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
- Requisitions new supplies and equipment.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- Perform other duties as required.
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...