Provides project, service line or product line management, management consulting, and analytical decision support services or technical expertise for a broad array of financial and operational issues. Responsible for more complex multi-faceted projects and analyses across disciplines and functional areas. Assists in developing performance monitoring process and coordinating compilation, interpretation and presentation of monitoring information. Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets and forecasts. May be responsible for budget system completion, high level reviews and conducting area wide analyses for target development. Conducts or participates in complex projects where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of factors.
• Business Impact: Responsibilities impact the achievement of key functional and/or KP objectives that have direct and significant business impact.
• Contributes to the development of the department's objectives.
• Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in the inability to reach functional objectives and negatively affect expenditures and resources.
• Decision Making: Involves interpreting and analyzing established concepts and trends.
• Exercises considerable judgment to make decisions for less defined and complex issues.
• Requires complex decision-making.
• Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a diverse range of complex problems, which require creativity and innovation within broadly defined policies and practices.
• Requires in-depth analysis to identify and recommend new solutions for more complex problems.
• Interactions/Communications: Provides professional/technical guidance to team members.
• Influences others to buy into new concepts and methodologies.
• Engages in matters requiring coordination across functional lines.
• Strong oral and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills and consulting skills.
• Independence/Discretion: Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
• Work is accomplished without considerable direction.
• Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives and performance requirements have been met.
• Management of Staff: May provide guidance to lower level staff.
• Report analyst duties, e.g. design and develop automated actionable reports to inform managers in a timely fashion.
• Data analyst duties, e.g. assists in the research, analysis, and remediation of moderately complex data issues that directly impacts reporting and analysis.
• Business systems analyst duties, e.g., help define business rules applicable to the development and/or use of the application.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• This job description is not all encompassing.
• Eight (8) plus years of financial analysis experience.
• Healthcare/insurance experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in a finance related field or equivalent experience.
• Advance degree or certification in an analytical discipline preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems.
• Extensive knowledge of several or all of the following: general finance theories and methodologies, discounted cash flow analysis, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility studies, large scale business planning, financial modeling and project management.
• Employs expertise as a generalist or specialists.
• Regularly contributes to the development of new financial analysis concepts, techniques, and standards.
• Considered expert in field within KP.
• Frequently contributes to the development of new financial analysis theories and methods.
• Expert proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
• Extensive use MS Office products preferred.
• Use of Data Query tools preferred.
• Project management skills preferred.
$81,100 - $111,100
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...