To apply for the position listed below, please send a Cover Letter and Resume via email to: personnel woodburnbaptist.org or mail the same to: Woodburn Baptist Church, Attention: Personnel Committee, PO Box 38, Woodburn, KY 42170.
POSITION: Minister of Youth, Children and Families
REPORTS TO: Pastor, with Personnel Committee responsible for reviews
JOB TYPE : Full-Time
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION :
The Minister of Youth, Children and Families is accountable to the Pastor and Personnel Committee for leading the multi-site church to provide a comprehensive ministry of discipleship to youth, children and families with children in grades 1 through 12. Either through direct involvement or functional direction of volunteer adult leaders, the Minister of Youth, Children and Families shall give leadership and guidance to all programs that involve teenagers and children at all Woodburn Baptist multi-site campuses.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Work in cooperation with organization leaders to plan, implement and evaluate the comprehensive youth, children and families ministry in fulfillment of the stated church purpose and objectives.
2. Conduct or coordinate weekly meetings with youth to enhance the church’s ministry of discipleship with adolescents.
3. Model and provide leadership in Bible study, evangelism, outreach, and Christian ministry activities with youth, children, and their families.
4. Plan and coordinate retreats and mission trips as appropriate for each division of youth and children. Work with the staff and volunteer leaders in coordinating when trips will take place.
5. Develop and coordinate the summer programs for all ages of youth and children (including church Vacation Bible School).
6. Direct and train leaders for elementary, junior high, and senior high school ministries.
7. Plan and administer budgets for all ministries to youth and children in grades 1 through 12.
8. Provide pastoral care, counseling, advice, and appropriate referrals in relation to situations encountered by youth, children, and their families.
9. Lead and involve adult church groups in outreach to prospective youth, their parents and other family members.
10. Communicate regularly to participants and their families through all available means including popular social media and the church’s website.
11. Serve as a member of the Church Council. Maintain the healthy functioning of the church Youth Advisory and Children’s Committee and lead these groups in planning, coordinating, and evaluating the comprehensive youth and children’s ministries.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Evidence of a mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ and a life of personal integrity. Evidence of a calling to the ministry and a passion to serve the needs of youth and children. A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution is required. Pursuit of a seminary degree is preferred. Proven strengths in leadership and administrative management skills are essential. Previous experience in local church student ministries is preferred. Proficient use of current office and communication technology is expected.
ChristianCareerCenter.com - 3 years ago