Production Support Business Analyst - Oracle HR Applications
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for an analytical individual to enhance our customer view and provide tools to execute our marketing strategy.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with a variety of talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. At our Seattle Headquarters, we work in partnership with other areas of the Company to support our frontline salespeople and customers. When you join Nordstrom, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The Production Support Business Analyst – Oracle HR applications works well with general direction and completes assigned tasks with minimal oversight from the project leadership team.
- Work with a team to manage and resolve payroll system related incidents
- Monitor help desk software, responding promptly to business users
- Examine and analyze available information to determine patterns and gaps at a strategic level and recommend appropriate course of action to support technology strategy and company goals
- Determine and develop process improvement opportunities
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing phase for projects of various sizes; use a broad knowledge of testing methodologies to validate test plans.
- Coordinate system and knowledge transfer between Production Support and Development teams
- Approach unfamiliar situations, projects, systems and stakeholders with confidence and curiosity
- On-call Rotation to provide support to critical systems
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a business analyst
- 2+ years of Financial/Payroll Applications experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to influence beyond the scope of their position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently with end users
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Visio, SharePoint
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to
magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Experience with Oracle HRMS, Payroll.
- Experience with, Oracle Incentive Compensation (OIC) or Oracle Advanced Benefits (OAB) preferred
- Incident and Problem Management skills
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom - 16 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...