The Holiday Inn San Jose Airport is a recently renovated, full-service hotel featuring 354 guest rooms, 12000+ square feet of meeting space, and a restaurant and lounge for a combined $3 million in annual food & beverage revenue. We are conveniently located near the VTA light rail and the San Jose International Airport. We are currently seeking an Executive Chef.
Direct the operation of the kitchen(s), including food preparation and quality, physical maintenance and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and food and supply costs are controlled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete forecasts, plans and departmental production reports for management.
- Participate in the preparation of the hotels annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
- Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
- Manage day-to-day kitchen activities, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviors, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff have the tools, training and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Solicit guest feedback to improve food and presentation quality.
- Assist with addressing customer questions and issues relating to kitchen services.
- Assist Food and Beverage Director with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
Maintain procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment.
- Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
- Develop menu design and concepts for all food and/or bar outlets and catering events.
- Monitor competitor and industry trends.
Replenish supplies in a timely manner and minimize waste and pilferage.
Ensure that all kitchen equipment and storerooms are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
Adhere to governmental regulations as well as brand standards and hotel or company policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
Supervises a large number of kitchen employees in a large full-service, luxury or resort hotel with multiple major food and beverage outlets and banquet facilities with capacity to cater to more than 500 people. May oversee subordinate supervisors and professional culinary staff.
Hcareers.com - 12 months ago
John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts has several rooms with a view. The hotel development company owns and operates approximately 80 hotels...