Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees. |
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.
Under general supervision, supervises, coordinates and controls the safe and efficient operation of an assigned work unit.
- Assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of staff for assigned work unit.
- Implement production plans according to approved schedule.
- May participate in the full range of daily operational duties, performing the most difficult.
- Inspects and evaluates work in progress, identifies any problem areas, and may direct remedial action.
- Conducts performance evaluations on subordinate staff.
- Prepares estimates of the staffing, materials, and equipment requirements for projected work activities.
- Maintains an inventory of parts and materials. Approves purchases of materials and equipment; maintains time, materials and equipment use reports. Requisitions tools, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Trains staff in safety procedures. Maintains safety data sheets for crews.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED, supplemented by advanced leadership training or education up to or including a Bachelor's degree in a closely related area
- Five (5) years of related operational experience, including supervisory or lead experience
- Additional certifications or licensure appropriate to the job may be required
- Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
- Skilled in resolving day-to-day questions/problems regarding equipment, materials, methods and procedures needed to complete projects
- Skilled in budget preparation, monitoring and administration
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Preferred Qualifications (e)
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 30 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, or manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws.