Sr. Project Manager - Corporate Information Technology PMO (Job Number: 123561)
Location - United States-CA-Foster City
Organization - Technology
Job - Project Management (Systems)
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
This candidate will join the Corporate Information Technology Project Management Office (PMO) in the Finance Program. The Finance Program includes technical project management for Finance Business activities including applications such as Oracle eBusiness Suite, Oracle R12 Implementation, Hyperion Expense and Revenue and MarkView. The project manager will be responsible for successful project delivery while working with matrixed teams comprised of Systems Analyst, Vendor, Development, QA, Operations and Finance Business personnel.
- Partnering with Finance Business and IT Development, manage large scale cross-divisional projects (over $20M) including:
- Working with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create accurate and inclusive estimates, develop budgets and project plans, and produce high quality project charters and other planning documentation needed for funding approvals.
- Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation, issues, change control processes, and communicate status to senior executives within the development and business partner organizations.
- Manage and track project budgets, forecasts and schedule to achieve target scope, schedule and cost.
- Ensure that all Corporate Information Technology projects are in compliance with Visa's internal Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project progress and financial status.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and oversight to a team of project managers and project leads. Provide project teams with expertise, direction, motivation, and encouragement. Direct project team composed of: local teams, remote resources and external vendors, Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changes in roles and responsibilities.
- Achieve project goals by collaborating with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including architects and strategists, technical IT subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management. Demonstrate skills in conflict management and negotiation to achieve project goals and develop trust with stakeholders.
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority. Use capabilities to influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations.
- Embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility.
-Minimum of 8 years of project management experience leading technical teams in the delivery of large scale software development, operational and integration efforts.
-Extensive experience in managing and executing large scale global financial system implementations for Oracle eBusiness Suite / Hyperion.
-Previous experience in implementing Oracle R12 is nice to have.
-Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels.
-Ability to understand Finance Business needs related to FP&A, Procure-to-Pay, Controller and Tax system solutions.
-Experience coaching and mentoring project managers either directly or through dotted line reporting.
-Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation production support, including quality assurance and system integration.
-Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices.
-Self-motivated; able to work independently while coordinating activities with cross-divisional teams.
-Team player; able to communicate with technical and business experts at all levels of the organization.
-Solid analytical skills; able to think strategically.
-A BA/BS or equivalent work experience is required. Concentration in Finance, Computer Science or a related technical discipline and/or an MS/MBA is a plus.
-PMP certification required.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than...