We have an opening for a Full Time Optometric Assistant to work at our employer health center located on the campus of BMW in Greer, SC!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions ( www.takecareemployersolutions.com ) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
This position is responsible to provide a range of procedures and tasks including assist the optometrist during eye examinations and delivery of quality patient care as well as assist in the day to day patient administration and office activities.
The site is open Monday/Wednesday 7a-5p and Tuesday/Thursday 10a-8p.
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
- Prepares room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests
- Provide patient pre-screening eye tests for vision, color blindness, and eye pressure
- Prepare patients for tests by putting drops in patients' eyes or direct and seat patients at eye-testing machines
- Explain eye exercises to patients or teach them how to use contact lenses
- Assist patients in choosing the frames for their glasses and when eyeglasses are made, adjusting them for a proper fit
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up calls to patients
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by maintaining confidentiality
- Performs clerical duties such as greeting patients, answering telephone, taking messages and completing forms
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organization
- Other duties may be assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required
Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
At Take Care Health Systems we offer a more personalized, human approach to healthcare.
Our Take Care Clinics, conveniently located in...