La Crosse County Hillview Health Care Center has a vacancy in the Housekeeping Department to help maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the building. Position qualifies for health insurance benefits at the full-time rate.
Hours of Work: Must be available for the following shifts: 7:00am to 3:30pm and 5:00 am to1:30 pm weekdays, every other weekend and some holidays. Positions works 60 to 80 hours every two-week pay period.
Essential Job Functions:
See job description on our website for full list of duties and qualifications. Cleans floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, vacuuming and buffing. Cleans, dusts and polishes furniture, baseboards, windows and other fixtures. Scrubs and cleans lavatory floors, walls, toilets, sinks, etc. Empties and cleans wastebaskets. Keeps lavatories supplied with towels, soap and other items. Takes special care in sanitizing isolation rooms, and follows isolation policies and procedures. Plus other tasks as may be assigned or required.
This position will also sometimes be responsible for laundry duties - please see the Laundry Worker job description for details. Operates large scale laundry equipment including washer, dryer, etc. Collects and delivers laundry and personal clothes. Cleans premises and equipment. Counts and delivers linens, hanging and folding residents clothing. Keeps simple records and reports. Makes repairs to residents clothing.
Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited high school, or GED.
- Preference for individuals with prior experience performing institutional cleaning work.
- May consider other equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have good work record with history of dependability.
- Must successfully complete background check to be in compliance with Wisconsin Caregiver Law.
- Must be able to understand oral communication and requests in English from residents, per state regulations.
La Crosse County, WI - 20 months ago