The Global Financial Applications team is looking for an application developer to play a key role in designing and extending applications used at Amazon.com. This position will be responsible for developing solutions and support of multiple applications within the Oracle e-Business suite. Core activities will include development of technical specifications, configuration of standard applications, modifications to standard forms and reports, development of new forms and reports, development of interfaces in and out of the e-business suite, and end user support for multiple applications in multiple geographies.
- A minimum of five years of experience developing solutions for Oracle’s e-business suite.
- Experience with Oracle’s development tools including reports, forms, BI publisher, Workflow Builder, and JDeveloper.
- Experience with at least one of these e-business suite applications (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Procurement, iProcurement, iExpense, General Ledger, Inventory, Fixed Assets)
- Experience engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues.
- Additional programming skills that are useful towards the job but not a core requirement: Perl, Java
- Must have a strong functional knowledge of the Oracle e-Business suite in a multiple organization and multiple set of books environment.
- A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines are critical.
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL best practices.
- Must have very strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
Amazon.com - 4 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...