Job ID #: 20874
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Information Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 3-5 Years
Relocation Provided : No
A focused and highly motivated Database Administrator to work in a growing, challenging OLTP ecommerce database environment, supporting both SQL and NoSQL databases.
The candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience supporting a 24x7 mission critical eCommerce SQL Server environment. The candidate will be responsible for all phases of database administration on our production environment, with emphasis on performance troubleshooting, analytical problem solving and business customer support. Must have experience with Windows 2008 clustering. Additionally, experience with NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, MongoDB), MySQL and Linux Operating System is desirable. The position requires the ability to accomodate assignment to a fixed 4X10 shift schedule, from 3PM - 1AM on either Sun - Wed or Wed - Sat.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines :
- Experience in a 24x7, high traffic OLTP environment
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS system and architecture with emphasis on MS SQL 2005 & 2008
- Expertise in database performance tuning and optimization
- Expertise in database server specification, performance tuning and analysis
- Expertise in database disaster recovery planning and recovery
- Extensive experience with database transactional replication
- Thorough understanding of database mirroring and transaction log shipping
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex database administration problems
- Thorough understanding of database performance monitoring and analysis tools
- Ability to work with database developers and engineers to analyze and resolve database performance issues and identify problems in areas such as: execution plans, index coverage, and SQL server statisitics
- Experience in administrating/configuring databases in a Windows 2008 clustered environment
- Experience with Cassandra and/or MongoDB a plus
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
- Education: BS/MS - Computer or relevant engineering discipline strongly desired
- 3+ years experience working in a high transaction, 24x7 Microsoft SQL database environment
- Minimum 3-5 year(s) of Ecommerce support experience
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 2 years ago
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...