Hess Corporation, with headquarters in New York, is a global integrated energy company engaged in the exploration, production, purchase, transportation and sale of crude oil and natural gas, as well as the production and sale of refined petroleum products. More information on Hess Corporation is available at
Lead - Maintenance Operator
Lead Maintenance Operator- Applicant will be required to plan and lead all equipment and pipeline maintenance/construction operations in the Tioga Area. Applicant also has to have knowledge of equipment parts required for equipment repairs. Applicant also has to have a firm understanding of EH&S initiatives and procedures and the ability to lead others.
- Make operating changes necessary for safe and efficient well operation
- Relay operating/safety problems or concerns to supervisor
- Trouble shooting production equipment failures
- Complete repairs on failed operating equipment
- Acquire personnel and equipment resources needed to perform repair/construction work safely
- Lead crews Hess and contractor
- Prepare cost estimates for planned work
- Adhere to written operating procedures for shutdown and startup of equipment
- Adhere to lockout/ tagout procedures in preparing equipment for maintenance work
- Actively participate in various elements of process safety
- Conduct daily tailgate safety meetings, JSA's and attend monthly safety meetings
- Participate in emergency response activities as required
- Participate in HazOp reviews as required
- Daily review of Iconics
- Assist keeping well locations free of trash, weeds, and general clutter
- Experience in oil and gas industry in maintenance/production operations
- Willing to accept responsibility and accountability with a positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of safety/environmental requirements and practices
- Must be physically able to climb stairs, operate valves and pumps and perform maintenance work under air supplied breathing equipment
- Must be willing to work night callouts, weekends and holidays according to the normal operating schedule
- Proven safety experience/training regarding oil and gas operations including but not limited to, confined space, lock out tag out, H2S, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Must have valid drivers license
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Computer literate
Hess is an equal opportunity and military friendly employer.
Hess Corporation - 2 years ago
Hess is a values-driven company offering a world of challenging opportunities.
We support continuous learning and development.