The Bookkeeper/Office Manager covers two important administrative functions of RTSF: managing our bookkeeping and providing support to the Executive Director and staff with administrative tasks. The Bookkeeper/Office Manager will join an organization with a dynamic board and staff who are highly dedicated to and passionate about meeting our mission to revitalize neighborhoods through home repair and community facility renovation.
Bookkeeping – 40%
Full-charge bookkeeping with non-profit experience to provide comprehensive bookkeeping services, including the following:
1) Manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts.
2) Record the organization’s A/R and A/P bookkeeping functions in Quickbooks. Maintain the integrity of the general ledger.
3) Work with Executive Director to ensure that staff is paid correctly and all related taxes and benefits are paid in a timely fashion. Collect employee timesheets and call in payroll each pay period; record payroll from payroll service into QuickBooks; record and track employee sick and vacation time; request and distribute 1099's and W-2's at year end.
4) Manage Workers Compensation allocations and billing on a monthly basis. Manage pre-tax accounts such as a cafeteria plan, 403b plan and commuter checks.
5) Run monthly finance reports for board meeting and prepare financial reports for grants as required.
6) Assist Treasurer/Accountant with audit preparation and provide reports and materials as required by the auditor.
The Bookkeeper agrees to perform the duties and responsibilities in accordance with generally approved accounting standards and practices. The Bookkeeper should also be an experienced user of QuickBooks, Excel and Outlook.
Office Management – 60%
Handles the administrative functions of RTSF and provides support to the Executive Director and staff with marketing and program activities as needed.
Ensure an administratively smooth-running organization
- Keep offices physically neat and well-organized: Keep records of inventory, passwords and processes up-to-date and accessible.
- Create a process for tracking software and computer inventory so that upgrades/updates and reassignment of hardware can happen smoothly, as needed.
- Maintain computer, network and phone systems, working with outside IT support as needed.
- Manage annual insurance and benefit plans and renewals under Executive Director’s supervision.
- Manage office volunteers as needed.
- Maintain office supplies and identify and execute on other activities that strengthen operations and working culture.
Support the organization’s events and program needs
- Work in coordination with program staff to help manage volunteer events such as kick-off, trainings, and parties. Review and update program manuals and event collateral.
- Help organize Rebuilding Day events, including coordination of volunteers, sending invitations, registration tracking.
- Support other program and event tasks as needed.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum two years of nonprofit bookkeeping experience.
- Education: BA or equivalent
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook. Salesforce.com experience helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to implement new systems that keep a small office running smoothly
- Ability to handle confidential matters
Recommended Skills and Experience
- Commitment to serving low-income communities
- Knowledge of San Francisco, its neighborhoods and public services helpful
- Bilingual skills in Spanish or Mandarin a plus
Compensation and Application
This is a part time position, 20 – 25 hours/week. There are no benefits included with this part time position. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , subject line: “Bookkeeper/Office Manager.” Email strongly preferred.
Rebuilding Together will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
- 2 years ago - save job