Registered respiratory therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care, or RN.
RRT or RN
Maintains Montana State Licensure in above
Maintains current CPR
RPSGT Registered Polysomnographic Tech.
Minimum of 24 months experience in sleep disorder ing.
Minimum of 1 year experience with routine EEG.
Proficient at scoring and running of overnignt sleep ing as well as MSLT and MWT
- Graduate of an AMA approved school for respiratory care or nursing, preferred.
- Graduate of an approved course for Polysomnographic Technologists, credentialed by the Association of Polysomnographic Technologists.
- Previous Supervisory experience a plus
- knowledgeable in ASV titration
- knowledgeable with running overnight seizure montage
- Prefer Sandman experience
Reports directly to Manager of Respiratory Services
• Oversees and is responsible for the training of new technicians, including scoring competency.
• Performs routine maintenance of sleep lab equipment.
• Is available on an on-call basis for nighttime collection emergencies or trouble-shooting.
• Coordinates and schedules monthly Sleep Center meetings.
• Writes and programs physician and technician specific montages and workspaces.
• Responsible for scheduling of patients and staffing for Center.
• Responsible together with the Medical Director for maintaining Center accreditation.
• Oversees the follow-up program.
• Maintains the patient database.
• Responsible for Sleep Center maintenance and upkeep. (lights, cleaning, phones, equipment, etc.)
• Works together with appropriate personnel to promote the Sleep Center. This includes media releases for the education of the public and hospital personnel as well as physicians.
• Evaluates new equipment and trends in Sleep Medicine.
• Inputs data, generates and distributes reports to referring physicians and facilities.
• Completes reports necessary for certifications of medical necessity and insurance reimbursement.
• Consults with physicians, Outreach accounts, home care companies and patients regarding diagnosis, treatment and outcome of patients with sleep disorders.
• Researches and provides diagnostic information for rare types of sleep disorders.
• Orders daily supplies for sleep lab.
• Provides education and in servicing for Outreach accounts and groups or individuals interested in sleep disorders.
• Considers the appropriateness of care based on the age of the patient.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve quality.
• Identifies needs and sets goals for own growth and developmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as needed to meet the needs of the epartment/organization.
- Performs all duties of a Sleep Disorders Tech. II
- Assists and educates patients in sleep disorder diagnosis and equipment
- Develops and maintains Sleep Center protocols, Maintains AASM Sleep Center Accreditation
- Together with manager, evaluates plans and submits for budget needs.
- Assists in the hiring, evaluation and discipline of staff.
- Assists in the cross over of patients electing BDHO as their DME
provider (May involve set up of equipment).
Bozeman Deaconess Hospital - 2 years ago