As a world leader in DRAM consumption, Apple plays a leadership role in this exciting and dynamic industry. The Global Supply Manager plays a critical role in the overall success of the Apple fulfillment model, acting as a key interface between strategic DRAM suppliers and Apple Engineering, WW Materials, and contract manufacturers. The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for driving all aspects of strategic and tactical elements of the business.
Demonstrated Skills Required:
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Broad operations/supply chain management experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extensive skill in Microsoft Excel application.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability and demonstration to work cross functionally in a dynamic environment
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver strategic business plans and initiatives
The role requires a proactive work ethic, relationship-building skills, analytical skills, strategic thinking, communication skills, resourcefulness, the ability to work effectively with cross-functional team members, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Managing the development and implementation of procurement initiatives
- Strategic price and contract negotiations
- Interfacing with Marketing and Engineering for new product development strategy and implementation, optimizing material selection to maintain lowest cost, predictable availability, and industry leadership in quality
- Establish and develop strategic sourcing strategy and supplier relationships
- Act as resident expert in assigned commodity
- Ensure product availability on a daily basis, managing excellent supplier flexibility while maintaining total lowest cost
- Interface with suppliers, contract manufactures, and Apple internal cross functional teams to ensure flawless execution and support business goals and objectives
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with thorough knowledge in the focus areas, has legal contract knowledge, good spend category knowledge, and exceptional process management and negotiation skills.
Normally requires a BA degree in Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent experience and 8+ years in Procurement or procurement-focused role. Requires experience and skill in negotiating, business math, contracting, report building, supply base research, creating presentations and spreadsheets, utilizing Word, Excel, and Powerpoint or Keynote.
Fluency in Korean, Mandarin, or Japanese is a plus.
Apple - 2 years ago
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with...