- 7+ years of experience in Voice & Networking, especially in the enterprise Voice network environment
- 5+ years of experience in design, implementation, migration and transformation projects
- Excellent hands-on experience on Voice technologies and products. Must be hands-on currently.
- Experience working in large, multiple location and migration projects
- Experience working with Pre-Sales teams on RFPs, RFQs etc.
- CCNP – Voice (Must)
- CCIE Certified (optional)
Excellent hands-on experience on the following technologies & Products:
- VoIP Protocols H.323, H.248, SIP, MGCP and H323
- Signaling Protocols ISDN, CAS, Analog, T1/E1 PRI, E&M
- Installation and working knowledge of Cisco Hardware platform MCS and UCS.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.x,6x or 7.x and above
- Cisco Unity connection, Cisco Unity, Cisco Presence and CUCIMOC integration
- Knowledge of IVR & Dialer will be added advantage
- Advanced Dial plan management and voice network management. Should be familiar with number plan like E.164 and NANP.
- Working knowledge of H323, MGCP and SIP gateways
- Implementing H.323 Gatekeepers
- Should be able to understand the Cisco Unified Communication Manager design and deployment model
- Should be able to understand the business requirement and frame in to Cisco solution suites.
- Should be able to present solution on Voice to Clients and internal customers
- Person should be a good planner, for technical activities, like migration, New Deployment, Transition and transformation.
- Planning include, Finical, Technical planning, YOY product capabilities judge and enhancement
- Should understand the TDM technologies and plan any migration of Cisco IPT.
- Responsible to manage and control network change management under best practices and corporate IT guideline.
- Ability to configure and operate multisite deployment issues and solutions, and describe and configure required dial plan elements.
- Implement call admission control to prevent oversubscription of the IP WAN.
- Implement features and applications that are pertinent for multisite deployments.
- Understanding of different models used for ensuring QoS in a network and explain key IP QoS mechanisms used to implement the models.
- Capacity Planning
- Provide On-Call Support
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to clearly communicate with the customer and be able to present solutions to customers at CIO, CXO level
- Must be open for 24x7 availability
- Must be able to conduct technical trainings to internal resources
The Network Voice Engineer will lead complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, technical support and audit voice environment. The Network Voice Engineer’s responsibilities are to configure and implement Call manager, Unity, Gateway Routers, Gatekeeper and IPT associated diagnostic tools to support new and existing technology architectures. The Network voice engineer makes decisions independently on Information Systems problems and methods. The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience. Projects are carried out independently and new ideas are proposed and implemented for cost reduction and application or infrastructure enhancements.
Lead the evaluation, testing, selection and project implementation of:
d. Diagnostic tools
Mentor junior engineers on voice technologies, standards, methodologies, and procedures
Lead development, implementation, and maintenance of voice standards and documentation.
Participate in developing long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals.
Coordinate efforts to isolate and resolve network and security related issues.
Participate in IT and corporate-lead initiatives.
Research new technology and evaluate its viability.
HCL Technologies is an IT Services company headquartered in Noida, India. They provide a variety of IT and BPO services globally. According...