Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment. Along with its partner companies, Altec is a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
The National Service Group honors Altec's commitment to be there for the life of the equipment. The promise is backed up by the most complete and comprehensive service and support capability in the industry.
A Service Technician Trainee is needed to provide quality service and repair of the Altec product line, primarily but not limited to truck-mounted hydraulic equipment. It is anticipated that the incumbent will develop the technical skill set and other abilities to assume the position of Service Technician.
Provide effective maintenance, warranty, and repair services (structural and routine) on all Company product lines and selected other equipment.
For immediate consideration,
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English to comprehend and follow written policies and procedures and to satisfactorily complete the training required of the position.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices.
- Some work experience or educational background related to mechanics, electronics or hydraulic systems is required. Experience could be gained in the servicing of same or related heavy equipment (e.g., MOBILE HYDRAULIC AERIAL EQUIPMENT, farm tractors, cranes, ground support equipment (GSE), construction equipment, dozers, tanks).
- Ability to learn and develop computer skills necessary for communication and records keeping.
- Overtime and shift work may be required.
- Physical effort is required to move objects that may weigh up to 75 pounds, including service-related tools.
- Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment.
- A high level of dexterity is required in the use of a variety of hand and power tools.
Apply on-line at http://www.altec.com/careers.php
Or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Satisfactorily complete all assigned training - on-the-job and classroom - to gain knowledge of the mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components of the product line and the repair / service procedures applicable to such components.
Work will include troubleshooting and repair of chassis electrical interface; setting and verifying hydraulic pressures and determining overall condition of machines through inspection and operation; performing major tasks such as rotation bearing and boom replacement; performing leveling and drive cable/chain replacement; pump and PTO diagnosis and replacement; hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting; replacing electrical and hydraulic components.
Altec pursues a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, goals build upon it, and everyone plays an essential role in helping to achieve it. The history, tradition and culture of Altec reflect our values (alphabetical): • Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity • People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork
- Complete assigned work, e.g., maintenance, service and repair including PM inspections, in a complete and efficient manner.
- Keep skills and knowledge base current to effectively service and repair new machinery and implement new service and repair techniques. Acquire an effective knowledge of service procedures.
- Utilize operator’s and parts & maintenance manuals to determine procedures and in identifying parts.
- Perform all tasks in a manner consistent with Altec safety practices and procedures and any as may be required by the customer.
- Practice clear, consistent, and concise communication. The position requires effective interaction and teamwork involving other service, manufacturing, engineering and sales associates within Altec and with representatives/associates of the customer's organization.
- Maintain accurate records of all service, repair and other work, including time tracking, parts inventory, customer invoicing, and expense reporting. Acquire basic knowledge of service and repair record keeping procedures, parts ordering/inventory, basic contract provisions with respect to product warranties, and customer invoicing.
- Gain the skills and product knowledge necessary to become a Service Technician.
Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence. We promote an environment built on teamwork where knowledge is shared and innovative solutions are the result. The expertise of our Team is as critical to our success as is the effectiveness of our products and solutions. At Altec, you can personally excel and work with peers to build and service the industry's most innovative products and solutions. Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Altec Industries - 2 years ago
Altec is a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and...