**ADDENDUM** The territory for this role will be WI, MN, and ND. This position will include a company vehicle. Clean driving record required.
*The ideal candidate will be based out of Wisconsin or Minnesota.
The position will provide oversight for the Retirement Specialists in the field, as well as the internal sales representatives. The Retirement Services Program Director will be responsible for meeting monthly enrollment and participant contact goals. This person will interface with the authority staff, and will be required to attend quarterly board meetings and marketing staff meetings.
Qualified candidates will posses 5 years experience as a Retirement Specialist, or equivalent experience working with participants and employers in the public sector. Prior management experience a plus, but not required.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for retaining plans, expanding Nationwide product and services within plans and acquiring new cases. Implements marketing plans to reach participants of entities. Proactively drives a strategic relationship with plan sponsors. Leads a team of Retirement Specialists and Sr. Retirement Specialists and is responsible for the sales results of the territory. Coaches and develops teams through consistent use of the sales process.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Regional Vice President and has more than 3 direct reports.
1. Manage, expand and retain relationships with assigned cases including introduction and sale of value added products/services.
2. Identifies new prospective cases and take actions to acquire new cases within territory.
3. Delivers actionable coaching to team on the consistent use of the sales process, develop improved sales skills and provide feedback on presentations and client meetings.
4. Monitors territory and team progress towards meeting monthly, quarterly and annual goals and inspire increased production results.
5. Implements proactive relationship management strategies for entities in territory, including preparation and presentation of annual plan review with detailed reports on overall program, investment option analysis, demographics, etc. for all plans.
6. Identifies, understands and effectively manages political relationships within territory.
7. Develops and implements annual marketing plan for assigned territory.
8. Attends all relevant client board meetings, functions, conferences (NACo/USCM/IAFF) and networking opportunities to effectively maintain relationships with key partners.
9. Partners with Home Office team to improve communication, responsiveness and overall experience and teamwork on behalf of customer.
10. Identifies decision-makers and interacts effectively at all levels of management within case.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Series 6 and Series 26 licenses required and L/H/VA, Series 63 and 65 may be required. Financial services designations also preferred, i.e. CFP, ChFC, CRC, CRA.
Experience: . Five years sales experience, preferably in financial industry.
Knowledge: Knowledge of pension services and internal corporate capabilities. Preferred knowledge of Section 457/401/PEHP plans. Knowledge of public sector plans and procurement processes also preferred
Skills: Ability to work independently and prioritize workload. Command of necessary technology in order to conduct procedural training to direct reports and entity. Demonstrated proficiency in the following competencies: telephone skills, managing vision and purpose, written communications, and strategic agility. Proficient with computers. Prefer experience with MS Office, Internet, and PowerPoint presentations.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: VP HR and VP Sales
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible
Working Conditions: Travel within assigned territory required. May be required to work from home. Must have a valid drivers license with satisfactory driving record in accordance with the standards stated in the Companys Fleet Manual.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 7 months ago