Direct and manage the day-to-day operations of the Licensing team; integrate both the digital (i.e., digital and new media services) licensing and record label licensing staff into one cohesive team where cross training provides job enrichment; build relationships with HFA’s licensees to solidify HFA’s position as the licensing option of choice and to increase licensing revenues for the Agency; develop a comprehensive understanding of licensees’ transaction activities to enable proactive development of licensing and other rights administration opportunities; work closely with HFA’s Data Management team to assure that HFA licenses all requests received from licensees in a timely manner; market HFA’s services and capabilities to licensees; work as a business lead and subject matter expert in providing requirements, development, testing, training, and implementation of new licensing systems and processes. Serve as the subject matter expert to Business Development on initiatives involving licensing technology.
· Manage staff work of 11 licensing agents, including training, performance objectives and reviews. Supervise allocation of staff and resources to ensure that priorities are addressed and that all initiatives are covered, while fostering career development in a fast paced and challenging work environment. Ignite a departmental culture change to energize the staff to learn all aspects of licensing.
- Manage all aspects of the licensing processes, including account management, workflow, file processing, and exceptions handling while ensuring the alignment of HFA and industry standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with Business Development, IT, Collections and other HFA departments to optimize the on boarding, processing and closing of new licensing engagementss.
- Act as HFA’s liaison and primary contact for licensing, while building relationships with key personnel at licensees and publishers who have an impact on licensing activities.
- Organize, prioritize, track, and process transactions (license, song, account). Follow-up with clients and licensees to facilitate the closing of transactions.
- Prepare regular key performance indicator (“KPI’s”) reports for management review.
· Lead and support all licensing technology developments through collaboration with IT on business and design requirements, testing, training, and deployment.
· Complete special projects as required by senior management.
- Seasoned management experience with strong operations and development skills and an excellent track record of managing multiple priorities, meeting tight deadlines, and motivating those working for and around them.
- Experience in leading organizational growth and development with an in-depth knowledge of licensing and licensing technology
- Broad understanding of the music business with particular emphasis on issues and economics related to the relationship among artists, labels and publishers.
- Strong knowledge of HFA’s licensing systems; ability to manage business-related aspects of establishing and implementing new licensing technology.
· Strong network of music industry contacts and credibility in the music licensingcommunity.
- Excellent sales skills coupled with a strategic marketing orientation.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills from both a technical and business perspective.