Blackboard is helping education leaders enhance every aspect of the teaching and learning experience. Blackboard’s broad reach covers our traditional, market-leading e-Learning solutions, in addition to mass notification, campus security, and commerce. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of lifelong education and growth. Across courses, campuses, organizations, companies, government agencies, and communities, Blackboard is powering the educational age around the globe.
Blackboard’s QA RUN team works very closely with the Engineering, Product Management, and Automation Engineering teams, as well as our offshore QA team to solve a wide variety of technology challenges and provide support for test execution against Blackboard’s new feature and legacy system releases. Using both industry standard processes and cutting edge technologies, our analysts and engineers work in a dynamic fast-paced environment to manage, evaluate, and troubleshoot test execution for Blackboard’s learning management system (Blackboard Learn) and our suite of associated products.
The QA Analyst will play an integral role in the success of the group. Specifically s/he will be responsible for:
- Analysis and testing of new features and bug fixes for application pack, service pack, and hot fix level releases
- Troubleshooting of technically complex configuration and usability issues over multiple product lines
- Providing support for over 200 Windows, Linux, and Solaris test environments, including development and maintenance of custom application backups and VMWare test images
- Developing new tests and maintaining existing tests across multiple platforms and toolsets
- Providing training and support to our offshore QA team on complex configuration and execution support techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
- Skilled in sound software engineering concepts
- Familiarity with various operating systems
- Knowledge in software quality and testing methodologies
- Advanced level knowledge of eLearning software
- 1-2 years experience in Quality Assurance role as either an analyst or engineer.
- Or 2-4 years in customer support, training or other user facing role.
- Experienced with one or more scripting languages preferably Fitnesse
- Can analyze end user requirements or customer reported defects and design and execute manual or automated tests across a variety of architectures and cutting-edge technologies
- Background in content/knowledge management, digital asset management, as well as with education related technologies.
Blackboard - 18 months ago
Chalk up Blackboard's success to the Internet. Blackboard develops software that lets schools create Internet-based learning programs...