Moran Environmental Recovery (MER) is a nationally recognized Oil Spill Response Organization (OSRO) that is based out of Randolph, Ma with offices all along the East Coast. We have been involved in all of the major oil spill events over the past 10 years.
We are held, and hold, our oil spill response personnel to a very high standard. We pride ourselves on our safety culture and on a daily basis work toward a “Best in Class” status. We count on our personnel to perform in a fast pace environment while still satisfying customer needs and maintaining our safety culture at all times. We praise our employees for being able to think on their feet and identify issues along with innovative solutions to solve them. We expect our workers to be able to effectively function under pressure in order to achieve required deadlines. We understand the importance of quality personnel because it directly contributes to the success of MER.
We are looking for highly motivated, reliable, and flexible personnel to participate in our oil spill response labor pool and be part of the MER team. This is a great opportunity for people working part of the year that are interested in filling their time off with an occasional call out to a spill response or other marine/environmental response projects. In addition, we offer opportunities to receive paid training on board spill response vessels.
We will not ask you to miss work at your regular employer. This is not a full-time or guaranteed position; it is on an as needed basis. MER will maintain a list of eligible responders whom will be called in the event of an emergency.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Oil Spill response
- Small vessel operations
- Skimmer operations
- Boom and anchor deployment/retrieval
- Skilled equipment operations including, but not limited to pump operations and hand tools
- Deploying, retrieval, and processing of sorbent material
- Availability to leave at a moment’s notice and work 7 days or more in the case of an oil spill.
- Availability to be deployed to locations on East Coast and Gulf of Mexico
- Available for after hour emergency response
- Other duties as assigned
- All personnel must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must submit driving record for the past three years
- Pre-employment drug test
- Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to work for long hours in all weather conditions
- Marine experience preferred
- Own and wear steel toe boots on all responses, trainings and dills
- 24 hr Hazwoper and 8 hr Hazwoper refresher (training available
- TWIC (not required but preferred)
- Competitive Hourly wage
- Paid Training
- MER will provide a spill bag with; Hard Hat, Gloves, Glasses, Respirato
Moran Environmental Recovery, LLC - 23 months ago