Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
The Analyst II-Procurement will assist in supporting internal business clients.
Job responsibilities include working within a group of Database/Application Developers to:
1. Utilizing MS SQL Server/MS Access/Excel to ensure operational integrity of data in JD Edwards database, from a global aspect, including all current and new business rules
2. Perform analysis on vendor data, specifically advanced costing/pricing, new product information & product change information and verifying all for correctness in alignment with contract standards, business logic and pricing methodology, before inserting into the system
3. Communicate with Business teams for support purposes, regarding advanced costing/pricing & other data requirements
4. Work in correlation with Systems Operations, Procurement, Distribution, Sales, Accounting, and Vendors
5. Support WINBuy web ordering system data
6. Ensure multiple daily EDI transmissions in accordance with Vendor Contract requirements
Minimum Requirements: College degree and 2-4 years professional level experience; or 6+ years professional level related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
- Recognize and have a developmental understanding of automated data processes, specifically;
- Strong mathematical and logical skills
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level with database Microsoft Access
- Basic knowledge of relational database concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to quickly prioritize tasks to manage a large volume of data analysis and be able to trouble-shoot issues as they arise
- Considered a Plus:
- Basic knowledge of database Microsoft SQL 2000/2008
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of procedural programming language preferably Java * Visual Basic (VBA)
- Experience building SQL Server SSIS packages
- Experience in building ETL solutions in a SQL Server environment
Professional Dues Reimbursement
Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
Medical and Dental Insurance Options
Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team-based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.
There is no relocation package offered for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package,
and opportunities to grow your career within an excellent working environment.
WINDSTREAM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Windstream Communications - 14 months ago
Windstream Corporation (Windstream) is a provider of telecommunications services in rural communities in the United States. The Company owns...