Co-op/Internship: Head, Eye, Face, and Hearing - Mechanical Engineering (Fall)
This opportunity begins during the fall semester of 2013 (August/September). The preferred candidate will be able to fill this position as a co-op, completing 2-3 rotations (semesters) in this role, alternating between semesters in school and semesters at MSA. Ideal schedule will be: Fall 2013, Summer 2014, Spring 2015.
Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops and interns have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. Mechanical engineering co-ops will develop engineering skills while working alongside experienced engineers in the Head, Eye, Face, and Hearing team. Depending on the stage of the design cycle and the specific products they work on, co-ops may be involved in:
· Testing products to ensure they meet regulatory requirements in multiple countries and edge out competitors
· Providing support and developing improvement ideas for existing products & processes.
· Drafting, designing and prototyping products
· Collaborating with international associates to complete project goals
· Gaining an awareness of budgetary, manufacturing and sourcing limitations
· Completing other research and development work, as required.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Hands-on technical and mechanical aptitude.
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office Tools, with a special emphasis on Excel.
Education and experience required:
· Sophomore status or higher in a Mechanical Engineering program.
· Pro-E capability & CAD capability a plus
· Testing experience a plus
MSA Safety Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
MSA Safety Inc. is the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of sophisticated safety products, instruments, and services...